7 Benefits of Stainless Steel Tanks
Stainless steel has many favourable characteristics that make it a well-suited material for the production and processing of a range of liquids, ingredients and compounds for a range of industries. It has many unique values as well as being durable, versatile and recyclable.
Stainless steel requires minimal maintenance, outlasting many other competing materials and is highly resistant to corrosion. Because stainless steel reacts with very few chemicals, it means almost any cleaning solution can be used on it.
Spectac International are market leaders in the design, manufacture and installation of stainless steel vessels for use in a range of industries.
7 benefits of using stainless steel tanks:
- Unlike other materials, stainless steel can be used for all stages of the production process, from storing, fermentation, mixing and treatment.
- Stainless steel contains a high content of chromium, which is beneficial because the chromium forms an invisible-like coating over the surface of the stainless steel that protects it from exposure to the elements (stains and corrosion).
- Micro-organisms thrive in beer, so strict hygiene is a must. Stainless steel is used extensively for items such as tanks, piping, valves, pumps and heat exchangers because it can be kept extremely clean.
- Stainless steel is strong, easily sterilised and does not contaminate or flavour the product.
- Stainless steel has a smooth surface, which reduces the risk of corrosion.
- Stainless steel is considerably less expensive than copper; however, copper can help remove sulphites, which are generally thought to negatively impact taste and worsen hangovers. For these reasons, copper stills are more often used in small batch operations, and stainless steel stills are used in large-scale operations. You can get the same sulphide removing effect in a stainless steel still by packing your column with a copper mesh. While Spectac build copper gin stills and copper stills for whiskey, we can also create the same in stainless steel if required.
- It is more aesthetically pleasing than other materials and can enhance the overall look and feel of a production plant.