Pharma Sector demands Quality Manufacturing
Spectac International Delivers
Ireland has become a central hub of activity globally for the pharma sector and are in the lucky position to now be established as the primary European location for international pharmaceutical investment. A report from IDA Ireland points out that 9 of the top 10 pharma manufacturers are operating here and we are the 8th largest producer of pharma products in the world. In fact pharma-chemical products represent about 50% of all our exports and were valued at about €5bn in 2013.
It hasn’t all been plain sailing though – in the last few years this sector has seen a shake-up with key products coming off patent and as a result, there have been a number of high-profile mergers and some factory closures. However this downturn has more recently been balanced with a number of significant investments coming into the country IDA Ireland highlights a number of these including an investment of more than €700 million by Bristol-Myers Squibb, a client of Spectac International
So what does it all mean to indigenous Irish businesses like Spectac International and the local communities on the ground?
Well the great news is that employment in this market is set to grow significantly and these are generally well-paid jobs – Matt Moran, Director of IBEC group PharmaChemical Ireland points out that about two thirds of those working in the sector have a third-level qualification and it’s anticipated that the incoming investment will create 2,000 more jobs in the economy. This is in addition to the 25,000 direct and additional 25,000 indirect jobs associated with pharma and chemical companies here.
Spectac International can attribute some of its own successful growth in recent years down to the fact that it has become a supplier of choice for many pharma businesses across Ireland and we have been able to increase our own work-force considerably to meet market demands. Biopharmaceutical products we produce include Pressure Vessels, Blending Vessels, Mixing Vessels, Syrup Vessels. We also offer end-to-end complete solutions such as CIP systems. In addition, we have in-depth expertise in installation services such as pressure pipe installations.
All of our work is manufactured in line with best practice in response to market requirements. One of the most stringent regulatory authorities globally is the FDA and Enterprise Ireland estimates that there are over 30 FDA approved pharma / biopharma plants located in this country. And of course all the operations in Ireland are subject to strict European legislation in terms of meeting high standards of quality manufacturing. In this market, Health and Safety considerations are paramount.
Commitment to Quality
It is in this context that Spectac International is primed to be the leading supplier of quality stainless steel components and pressure vessels into the pharma-chemical market.
- Our commitment to quality is probably second-to-none and we have achieved an impressive number of accreditations and certifications. We appreciate traceability is critical and we offer customers complete confidence in this respect with a proven track-record of successful delivery of top quality components.
- We work to the following codes of practice for the Biopharmaceutical industry- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessels Code Section VIII Division 1.
– CSA B51-03 Boiler, Pressure Vessels, and Pressure Piping Code
– Ontario Regulation 220/01: Boilers and Pressure Vessels
– EU European Union; Pressure Directive (97/23/EC)
- We operate LEAN manufacturing throughout the facility, optimising efficiencies and minimising waste
- Our expertise in this sector is extensive and we have world-class reference clients as well as many local pharma clients – including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Loctite (Henkel), Leo Laboratories and many others.
- Our new automatic plasma machine produces perfect welds and a cleaner finish; it is unique in the Irish marketplace as Spectac International is the only manufacturing company to have invested in this innovative technology.
- We offer a wide range of stainless steel plate to manufacture ASME pressure vessels including 304 / 304L, 316/316L.
- We offer polishing to multiple grades in order to offer a uniform surface on all our wide range of Biopharmaceutical vessels.
- All our pressure vessels undergo third party certification and FAT testing; spray ball coverage testing and wet testing if required.
If you’re looking for a first-class supplier of stainless steel fabrication services –
Contact us now for a competitive quote – we look forward to talking with you.